You have no items in your shopping cart.
This mid-sized transmitter provides up to 1/2 mile of range combined with a small, lightweight receiver.
This is often considered a standard for close working hunting dogs and waterfowl retrievers due to its perfect compromise of affordability and options. Being part of the X-Series means that you now have 21 levels of stimulation at your fingertips. The sensitivity dial now allows for small incremental adjustments, a Low, Medium, and High for each number on he dial, to really dial in the intensity for your particular dog’s mood and temperament. Vibration and Tone controls are still on the dial too to give you all the training options you need with easy one hand operation so you can focus on your dog.
As far as range is concerned, the SportHunter 825X covers a half mile of ground. Thant’s over 800 yards of control. Keep in mind however this is “line of sight” range as obstructions and topography can interfere with the transmitter signal. If you’re still concerned about range, check out the SportHunter 1225X with ¾ mile range.
The SportHunter 825X can also be used up to a 3-dog system, and is “backwards compatible” with the older 825 collar receivers, the SDR-AF model, meaning the original 825 collars can deliver the same 21 levels of stimulation that the new 825X offers. The SDR-AF is also the Add-A-Dog collar model offered when ordering a 2 or 3-dog unit. You do loose a few of the transmitter’s extra features when adding additional collars, see the operating guide for details. The newer SDR-AXF collar receiver will be available from SportDOG later this year, and should include a slightly smaller design and an updated color and finish to match the 825X transmitter.Download ManualGreat features of the SportDOG FieldTrainer 825X include:
- NEW- 21 levels of fine-tuned stimulation.
- Vibrate and Tone controls.
- Up to ½ miles of range.
- Waterproof and submersible up to 25 feet utilizing DryTek technology.
- Customizable modes, if desired, re-arranging features or options to really personalize the unit. (See the operator’s guide.)
- Fast charging, long lasting batteries.
- Also available: The SportHunter 1225X and the SportHunter 1825X for additional range and control.
- Simple and easy to use so you can concentrate on your dog, not the training system.
- Remote Transmitter with Removable Antenna
- Receiver on 3/4" Collar Strap
- Charging Adaptor
- Standard Contact Points
- Long Contact Points
- Belt Clip
- Test Light Tool
- Operating Guide
- Basic Training Manual